I haven’t blogged in a while because I’ve been busy with other projects!
I was given permission to sell my jewelry in the lobby of PHAMALY’s production of INTO THE WOODS. PHAMALY is Denver’s award-winning Theatre Company that produces professional plays and musicals that exclusively feature actors with all nature of disabilities that I co-founded 30 years ago.
I committed a portion of the sales to PHAMALY and I hoped for a good chunky check! In the end, I was able to present them with a total of $368! That felt pretty good!
Then I was asked to make some gifts for PHAMALY’s Board Members that were rolling off. I volunteered and suggested polymer clay mosaic tile wall hangings, not considering the fact that I had never made one before and had no idea of the process involved! And I had three weeks to make three of them! I began my studies on YouTube, then Google and was able to find a wealth of information. Fortunately, I had just purchased $100 worth of clay. So I had that on hand. I was going to need it! I started making the tiles and loved it! Not only was this a meditative process assisting me with my pain, and allowing me to delve deep within while creating each tile, but I could explore my visions more in-depth and be as creative as I wanted. With jewelry, my creative process is limited by size. But with a 3″x3″ tiles, I can really adorn each piece to my satisfaction!
I considered all the things I had learned on YouTube and Google and tried them all:
- Mica Powders
- Free Hand
- Cut Outs
- Jewelry Findings
- Seed Beads
It was such a mixed media project! I visited jewelry bins I hadn’t used in quite a while. Findings I often considered throwing away, but couldn’t.
I place the sentiment “Home Is Where Your PHAMALY Is” in tiles throughout the mosaic, reminding the owner that PHAMALY is always their home and they are always a part of this “family.”
The final products came out quite nicely. One person received his at the PHAMALY Reunion. We shared a touching moment when he responded, with tears in his eyes, how beautiful he thought it was and what it signified to him.
I enjoyed this so much! I’ve made some for the shop. A large one that says: “Spirit, Feel Free to Create a Miracle Today” and another regular size one with a stamp that reads “Music is Life – That’s Why Our Hearts Have Beats”
I have purchased several other stamps for my inventory. One may strike your fancy:
- “Dream as if you will live forever. Love as if you only have today.”
- “Life’s Most Beautiful Things are Not Seen With the Eyes, But Felt with the Heart”
- “And the Two Become One” Wedding Rings
- “Friends are those People Who Know the Words to the Song in Your Heart and Sing it Back to You When You Have Forgotten the Words”
- “Friendships are Tied Together with Heart Strings”
- “Friendship Warms the Heart”
- Music, the Greatest Good that Mortals Know, and all of Heaven we have Below”
- “Where Words Fail, Music Speaks”
- “Just When the Caterpillar Thought the Worlds was Over, it Became a Butterfly”
- “Be the Change You Wish to See in the World”
- “Life Isn’t About Finding Yourself. Life Is About Creating Yourself”
- “Go for long walks, indulge in hot baths, question your assumptions, be kind to yourself, live for the moment, loosen up, scream, curse the world, count your blessings, just let go. Just be.”
- “Do Not Go Where The Path May Lead, Go Instead Where There Is No Path and Leave a Trail”
- “Peace Love Hope Faith”
- Comedy and Tragedy Masks
- Bride and Groom
- and other miscellaneous stamps
Plus I have letter molds and can write any personal quote you have.
On a side note: I believe in the Law of Attraction. I told several people about my intention of a mosaic for my home and the words it would read. I wrote it so many times that Spirit must have received my message. That week I manifested the sale of three online jewelry pieces! This is after no online sales for five months! Words are very powerful.
I now have three custom orders that I’ve received! If you would like one of these delightful polymer clay mosaic tile wall hangings made for you, contact me HERE to discuss details and we’ll create one together that is precisely you! The 12″ x 12″ is $85. A large piece, 9″ x 15″ is $105.